How many times do you find yourself in a situation where you think ‘Nothing is going right.’? How many times do you wonder ‘Why does this happen to me?’? I have been struggling with these questions myself for the past 4-5 months. It feels like I have been waiting for ages to see a ray of light. Every time I see one, it gives me hope and then there is shade again for sometime.
I believe that we get what we deserve, especially if we work really really hard for it. But the rewards might not be immediate every time. You never know which decision of yours will be a key to your happiness in future.
But how do you motivate yourself when you are down? How do you make yourself get up in the morning and get going as if nothing is wrong? How do you stop yourself from getting depressed?
I just wanted to share a few things that helped me pull myself together in the last few months.
- Remembering God. Somehow I found that I am at peace when I prayed. I feel the burden lift from my shoulders even if it is only for a short time.
- My husband. All the struggles we went through, we were together. We were each other’s strengths. I knew I could not get into depression as its only me and my hubby here and I have to be there for him too, it’s as much as his struggle as mine.
- My family. This is the biggest strength for anyone to have. It doesn’t matter if you are in the same city or in different continents, talking to them everyday, gathering strength from them is what kept me sane.
- Friends. Sharing with friends reduced the burdens. Talking to them, letting them in. Even if they couldn’t solve our issues, they were with us emotionally and they know how to take our minds off our struggles even for a little while.
- Think about future. This is something that always keeps me going. As I said, what we do in the present is the key to our happiness in future. This is a big enough motivation.
- Blogging. As you all know I restarted my blogging again last year. Even if I don’t write a lot, I read so many articles and all of you have helped and motivated me a lot. So many of your articles have led me to a path of self discovery.
- Exercising. Even though I am lazy about exercising, I have been quite regular about it for the past few months and I found that its easier taking out your frustrations in the gym, even if its just a 10 min run on the treadmill. Plus I got to make new friends.
How do you guys keep yourself motivated? Do let me know your thoughts on this topic.